29 January 2008

[ research and linking part i ]

As you may and probably do NOT know, I like LEGOs. (As you probably DO know if you visited Google yesterday, the 28th was "LEGO Day," the 50th anniversary of the LEGO brick.)
I visit quite a few LEGO sites where users post their creations, and it's amazing how far fans can go with a simple arsenal of plastic parts; some creations are five or more feet long with attention to detail to match, a feat most outside the fanbase couldn't even conceive of.
A blog that I recently found and started reading more or less daily is The Brothers Brick. Essentially, it's a showcase for the best and most thought-provoking fan creations. Most of the time, they aren't posted by the builders themselves. They are usually taken from other LEGO sites like Classic-Space (a sci-fi and space-centric LEGO site) and LUGNET (a more general site). The posts themselves are typically terse, usually comprising a picture, a possibly-witty sentence or two, and a link to a gallery of related images. I like this format because it gets right to the topic at hand and doesn't ramble on for ten hours so you can see a few pictures and say "Oh cool, like, LEGOs."
Though someone more familiar with LEGO could probably derive more enjoyment from this blog, I recommend it for any who is interested in or unfamiliar with LEGOs so they can see all the intriguing and clever ways fans manipulate them.

1 comment:

Allie said...

I had no idea you were interested in legos.
That's really cool. I never knew that Legos was such a wide topic.
But I played with them a lot when I was younger.