16 April 2008
[ the oc part i ]
I've never really tried to access any personal info on a Linworth computer (except unsuccessfully trying to blog for this class at one point). I don't blog outside of this class either, so I have no real reason to access such things on school computers but I could see why some people would often want to. I think that in most cases it's fine. It would probably be better to use a laptop or similar (cell phone internet?) but I don't have a real problem with people doing it on school computers either. The only issue that I would be worried about is that the personal pages accessed by people are readily accessible to everyone else via the history page; which isn't to say that students at Linworth aren't trustworthy with such information as much as that that's just an uncomfortable position to be in. I'm not too familiar with Macs so I don't know if there's a history-delete option but if there's not I would avoid accessing pages with lots of personal information just for peace of mind. Other than that I can't see any problems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment