01 April 2008

[ the oc part ii ]

I of course haven't done an interim yet, so I can't comment on most of the things suggested, but I love Jen's idea of teachers forming "interim groups." I'm one of those people who usually takes more time straining to think of what to do than actually doing, but luckily I was sort of spoon-fed this year (my mom's friend actually had the idea for my interim, as she knows someone who teaches French who I'll be working with). The next two years, though, I project having trouble thinking of something so I think having the option of joining a group is a nice alternative if you simply can't think of a project on your own. That said I probably wouldn't recommend doing it every interim, otherwise lots of people would just use it as an easy way out of thinking for themselves. I think one year would probably be a good limit, sort of similar to having to do at least one year's interim with a mentor.

No comments: