17 April 2008

[ the oc part ii ]

To be honest I don't know all that much about personal finance issues, but I think that I'd probably have done better than average on the finance test in question considering how low (which doesn't surprise me) the scores were. Most people seem to be lacking in some simple common sense when it comes to things they can't afford; chiefly houses and cars. It seems that people think they can afford a $400 000 house and matching $70 000 car just because they make slightly more than a McDonald's worker. When their phone rings 24 hours a day because debt collectors are after them, they'll get no sympathy from me. So while I guess I'm better at financing than the "average" American consumer (that is, the person graduating 50th in a class of 49 green vegetables and one person) when it comes to common sense I have virtually no knowledge of the more complex issues. I think this situation probably describes most of us in this class (decent at financing but just not knowledgeable enough) so all of us who haven't yet taken Rick's finance class (which includes me) should do so next time he offers it.

1 comment:

[ zach ] said...

Also, to comment on the OC post I didn't choose, the idea of a letter "from" your unborn baby is totally creepy.