11 May 2008

[ the oc part i ]

Hmm, it was never really said what to actually write about for this one. So, on the topic of To Kill a Mockingbird: I've never read it, but I saw the movie years and years ago. I don't really remember any of it, thankfully, except for a vague image of Atticus Finch sitting on his porch or something. So when I do read the book, which I plan to do eventually, nothing will really be spoiled. And on the topic of wrongful accusations: it doesn't really surprise me how many wrongful convictions there are since it's so easy for people to turn away and not think about it; or if at all, "well at least someone's getting locked up for it." I think it's great that these DNA tests will help so many people out but I'm worried that since as far as I know this program only exists for already-convicted people, in the future the wrong people will still get sent to prison.

No comments: