I think in an earlier post (book vs movie?) I mentioned David Lynch. If you're not familiar with him, he's one of the strangest, most awesome film directors ever. I've actually only seen one of his movies (and a substantial amount of clips from others) but I've also seen quite a lot of his TV show Twin Peaks. It unfortunately only ran two seasons but while it lasted it was a strange blend of drama, really bizarre humour ("Don't drink that coffee! There was a fish in the percolator!"), horror, and David Lynch's signature surrealism. If you'd like a sample of the series' weirdness, here's a couple videos:
a dream sequence involving a one-armed man, a dancing dwarf, an inexplicable square shadow, and a lot of talking backwards
an example of the series' strange music, plus an even stranger meta-reference in which a character calls it dreamy and does "an anachronistic 1950s dance" to it
solving mysteries using Tibetan dream-baseball
a character doing a bizarre spinning dance with a portrait of his dead daughter
There's a lot more to be found on YouTube but these are what came to mind. Check a few out, but more importantly, check out the series itself, it's great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment