Commenting on Laura's post (Chuck Palahniuk) this week.
That kind of stuff happens to me all the time, probably because my computer is nearly as ancient as the ones in the Powder Room (it can't be newer than six or seven years old...and I think the hard drive has had to be completely replaced twice). Anyway, I actually haven't read any Palahniuk books before but I generally love postmodern literature (The Raw Shark Texts, which I posted about, comes to mind, as does House of Leaves). Right now I'm not reading anything too postmodern, just the final Dune book plus Huckleberry Finn for Essential Books, but I do have a book on reserve at the library called The Quiet Girl (by Peter Høeg) which is about a Danish clown, suspicious psychic children, and nuns. It's actually been criticised for being too postmodern, which to be honest makes me want to read it more. Any suggestions for other books?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment